1. Care and love your looks. It is good to look nice, it can really make you feel better about yourself. Try to try something new, like a new haircut or new wardrobe. Do something new on your looks, but you have to feel beautiful and find yourself pretty.
2. Don't be afraid to approach people. Being shy won't help you anyway. If you want to meet new people, it's easy when you make the first move. Go up to them and have a talk, but be enthusiastic and real, and please, wipe off all your awkwardness and insecurities, and express yourself freely.
3. Have a sense of style. It is important to know what is hot and what's not but don't over do it. Remember, fashion is about wearing only what flatters you, since then you will feel comfortable and act more naturally.
4. Connect with people. Look at strangers and make eye contact with them and smile easily. Greet them. It will give you more confidence, besides, doing it is a way of connection that will make it easier to get to meet people.
5. Be sure of your qualities. Being confident in yourself, not only in your looks, but also in your own person, is always important. When you like yourself and you are sure that your qualities are cool, then you will be able to let them be noticed and don't hide them. Tell yourself that you're beautiful and think of why people should like you for you.
6. Always have a good sense of humour. Don't take things too seriously, try to smile easily and laugh more often. Even if you don't feel your best, try to think of positive things more often.